Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Universal Driving Laws

Ok, recently I've come to look at driving differently. I have set up these rules, but I have on several occasions broken several them. But this is what I believe is what separates the good drivers from the bad ones.

1. Be alert
2. Be calm
3. Be considerate
4. Be predictable
5. Don't send an sms
6. Don't talk on your cellphone
7. Don't flash or bright the guy in front of you
8. Keep a comfortable following distance
9. If you drive fast, drive with your headlights on, and especially follow rules 1-8.
10. If you drive slowly, don't sit in the fast lane, and don't be shy to put on the emergency lights, and go into the yellow lane.
11. Put on your indicators BEFORE you actually turn.
12. Keep your car in a roadworthy condition.
13. You may add more, but think before you add more, because it may be you transgressing some of the above rules rather than the other person doing something stupid.

3 comments:

Zen Wizard said...

South Africa drives on the left side of the road, so if I'm just not killing anyone--including myself--let's just call that a small victory.

j said...

I think that I can summarize all of your rules into one glorious universal rule: Neither an arse nor dumb arse be.

Reenen said...

I agree J, it's a amazing summary, but you have to quantify, because otherwise it's just *way* too subjective. The other guy is always the arse or the dumb-arse... never you.