Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Alarm Bleeps...

I recently had to change my alarm on my car... I don't know if I *had* to, but the auto-mechanic said that the alarm was giving trouble, and well, my feeling is, that if I take it back to him every time, I can have what he's used to in the car. It wasn't cheap, but hopefully it will add to reliability.

The interesting thing about this alarm though, is that the "On/Off" bleeps are inverted from how the old one was. My old one was :
1 Bleep : On
2 Bleeps : Off

Our house was always set up like that, and I recall the installers saying "the amount of letters after the O is what it means".

So my current alarm is:
1 Bleep : Off
2 Bleeps : On

How do I get used to this? Well what I did was I decided that when it goes Bleep, it's my car saying "Hi!", and when it goes Bleep-Bleep, it's my car saying "Bye-Bye!".

So now, when the card says Hi, I say Hi back, and when it says Bye-bye, I say bye-bye back. This will hopefully get me used to it.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose said...

​That's very helpful piece of information thanks for sharing this with us! Check out the follwing products review to make your life convenience and comfy :)
Smartdot Review