Thursday, April 20, 2006

Zombies!!!

Twilight Creations Inc - Zombies!!!

So, I got to play some zombies the yesterday. Pretty entertaining. I read Cassey's comments about the game, and though I appreciate what she said, I did not find a great deal of satisfaction in "screwing" the other players.

Comments I frequently make about the random penalty in 30 seconds (the 0-2 die) include that the game device is faulty, because they made the board too small they've introduced this stupid die. Rather double the board size, and give a random bonus.

Back to zombies!!! Cards that make you skip a turn, or inhibit the other player makes for non-pleasurable experience. Why not have a card that say "you take another turn", than have a card to say "Target player misses his next turn".

Everyone wants to play. Making someone not play isn't fun for them.

Our game ended eventually with positive synergies rather than negative ones. And I think the game played as "teams" will work excellent. As positive synergies are great, and the negatives aren't as bad because you've still got a team member who you can be "involved" with.

So if I play zombies again, I'd very much like to officially include "team" rules.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

the part about screwing other players is that it's not personal...everyone is after the same person for the same reason, you don't want him to win.......also i find that you do get ppl playing as teams unofficialy - h and i both did what we could to stop k and j so it does happen........we should play again some time

Unknown said...

There is lots of irony involved. I distinctly remember a moment where Jerall did not screw cassey over because then he would not be able to do so later on... The sentence was something to the effect of:

"Would it be bad for me if I did this?"

"very bad"

"oh"