Thursday, June 22, 2006

Diplomacy Game

So, I started a diplomacy game with only south africans.

I hope they don't google me, because they'll find this reference and maybe I'll give them inside info they might want to know.

This is how it looks before the second set of moves:

Now, some of these players are kings in the diplomacy circles (Turkey and Russia), and some (like me, germany and I think france) are pretty much noobs.

So, at this stage I am looking for france to assist me into munich, and turkey to assist me into greece.

How it will pan out, I'll see. But I thought that Italy is traditionally the worst, so I'll try to go big or go home. So if both my moves fail, and austria stabs me, I'll be out of the game in absolutely no time. (Which is fine)

The way I am reading the diplomacy is somewhat odd, but I think that France will indeed assist me, but I am unsure of Turkey's intentions. Also I think that the austrian fleet will go into venice, but if it does, so goes.

That's it for now, I'll let you guys know how it went next week.

4 comments:

AristoNeeks said...

hmm.. looks like that really popular game, Risk.

lets see.. a common enemy makes you pals by default..

and, um, love your neighbour.. but only if his army is stronger than yours..

final note of encouragement:

TOTAL PWNAGE!!eleventyone1

Reenen said...

Diplomacy is like risk, but MUCH better, because you cannot wait to see what he does and then change your moves accordingly.

All moves happen at the same time. And you have to guess their moves.

I got Munich, and like I suspected Turkey didn't keep his end of the deal. I'll be building a fleet in Naples, which will hopefully put a lot of pressure on turkey.

AristoNeeks said...

aye, capt'n!

*or is it "sir"?*

so, what happens when you win? world domination?

Reenen said...

You win if you control 18 centers. But yes... World domination is yours.