Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Programming DA...

I want to possibly change this blog a bit, towards something like the guy who does MTG Forge's blog.

I'll talk here about things I struggle to overcome, and how I did (or did not) overcome them.

Today, I'll discuss my "TfrmStringlist". This is my window that displays the graveyard/RFG/SB/Deck/"Top X cards" of the deck.

At the moment though... it displays only one of the above mentioned and that includes both players.

Only one window... that's the rule.

This can eventually become a problem though... as you may want to view your own, and your opponents graveyard to make a choice (etc.).

One solution I can think of at the moment is to have 1 of these per player (this will alleviate the above mentioned problem) but then you still can't view your graveyard and deck at the same time.

The next is to have 1 for each zone per player... this will be very memory intensive though, and I want to keep Daring Apprentice very "lightweight". :-/

Anyway, I'll let you know what I decided.

No comments: