Friday, August 11, 2006

Google Spreadsheets



So here is a snapshot of me using Google Spreadsheets...

Truth be told. It is not Excel, I doubt it'll ever be excel. But it serves a different purpose. I can for instance keep my "contacts" on there, because I am one of the people that prefer a grid of data to an outlook-like contacts vibe.

Or I guess more appropriately, The Luckshack could keep their league standings on a google spreadsheet, and then everyone will be able to see it. (I don't know if you can share with read-only access, but I am pretty sure you can)

6 comments:

Reenen said...

I created a Stellenbosch Magic League spreadsheet, and the sharing is based on "inviting" others via their email addresses.

AristoNeeks said...

looks nifty.

is it free?

^_^

Reenen said...

Yes, it's free. I'm not even sure if you have to have a google email. I'll invite you to my spreadsheet, and you can see.

cliff said...

Hi, I am Cliff from EditGrid. Besides Google spreadsheets, there are various online spreadsheets working in different directions, includes EditGrid and Numbler which you may wish to try. EditGrid can get live stockquote and forex. Here is a demo. Besides this, we have our API and Localisation Project.

Of course we wouldn't forget our fundamentals, the spreadsheet functions, drag and fill, advance number formatting, undo/redo... all are available. Here is a comparison between EditGrid and Google.

Reenen said...

Yes! EditGrid is definately better than Google Spreadsheets. No doubt.

I just had the look and feel for it via the EditGrid and Google link you provided, but it is definately more responsive than Google's.

cliff said...

Thanks a lot for your try, and we are promised to make EditGrid a better product than Google's one, Cheers~