Thursday, February 01, 2007

Firefox 2 quirks

Well well... Firefox 2 has been released.

However it has one peculiar quirk that I hated... the close buttons on all the tabs. But in true open source fashion this is customizable. My personal favourite is to have it have a close button on the active tab only.

To do this... I've found out from this site.

  • Open a new tab and type about:config in the address bar and press enter.
  • In the filter field type browser.tabs.closeButtons.
  • Double-click on the entry and enter the corresponding number below:
0 - Display a close button on the active tab only
1 - Display a close button on each tab (default)
2 - Don’t display any close buttons
3 - Display a single close button at the end of the tab bar (Firefox 1.x behavior)
  • Click OK
  • Close the about:config editor or tab

However, the option 3 apparently doesn't work properly. I use 0, and I am very happy.

No comments: