Thursday, May 31, 2007

South Africa should follow suit!

Scott Adams told me about this story, and I have to agree with him.

If in South Africa we gave the death penalty to all the government officials that took bribes that cost lives, then we probably wouldn't have much of a cabinet left.

I think it's high time SA started taking a much firmer stance on corruption.

Scott Adams also says this:
3. I’d be amazed if the death penalty deterred anyone who was in the frame of mind of committing a heinous crime.

This is very interesting to me, and it is a reason that a lot of people give for pro-death penalty debates. But I have to agree that those people that are already in a frame of mind that they can kill, are probably not thinking clearly enough to do take these things into consideration.

1 comment:

Drizel said...

second blog I read today about the death penalty....hmmm...weird:)
HUGZ